Above: Lindsey’s Kickstarter campaign announcement
In Part 1 of our Online Fame Idol feature on Lindsey, we gave you details about who she is and why we’ve named her our second Online Fame Idol. In Part 2, we give you the details on the results of her Kickstarter campaign, what opportunities SOCIAL MEDIA has provided for her and the status of her much-anticipated EP!
In 31 days, Lindsey raised $10,670 from 146 followers, $670 over $10,000 goal. What we really loved about Lindsey’s Kickstarter campaign was what she would give her fans in return for their contributions and how she incorporated social media! (just a few examples from the many contribution levels):
- Pledge $10 or more Thankyou shoutout via Twitter… (or facebook, if you don’t have twitter)
- Pledge $30 or more Autographed copy of the EP mailed TO your door 2 weeks prior to release!
- Pledge $200 or more : a phone call from Lindsey… (she might even sing for you) + PERSONALIZED COVER VIDEO posted to your facebook wall — ANY SONG you request, dedicated to YOU! + YOUR NAME in the “Thank You” section of EP booklet! + PERSONALIZED “thankyou” video posted to your facebook wall… (if you are not already my friend on facebook, I will add you!) + Autographed copy of the EP mailed TO your door 2 weeks prior to release + Autographed photo mailed TO your door (with EP)
- Pledge $2,500 or more ACOUSTIC SHOW AT YOUR HOUSE or choice of venue if you provide it. This option is great for birthday parties or any random special occasion. Round up your friends to split this for a once in a lifetime opportunity! (If you live more than 100 miles from Nashville TN or Hattiesburg MS, travel costs for Lindsey will be covered by you for this option) + PERSONALIZED COVER VIDEO posted TO YOUTUBE!!! ANY SONG you request, dedicated to YOU! (if you & your friends combine your money for this option, I will mention all your names in the video) + YOUR NAME in the “Thank You” section of EP booklet! + PERSONALIZED “thankyou” video posted to your facebook wall… (if you are not already my friend on facebook, I will add you!) + Autographed copy of the EP mailed TO your door 2 weeks prior to release + Autographed photo mailed TO your door (with EP)
Lindsey’s Kickstarter campaign page also gave gave readers an intimate look into her life and what opportunities social media has provided for her. Some highlights are pasted below:
- Late 2010: Contacted via Twitter by artist Stephen Jerzak to ask if she would go on tour with him as his backup singer. This was her first tour,a House of Blues/Fillmore tour across the US & Canada.
- October 2010: Received a call from club promoter Charlie Diggs in Houston TX, saying he had seen her videos on YouTube & she had a little fanbase there! She received an offer to be booked for a week every month to come play shows there. She started doing mini-tours in Houston almost every month November 2010 thru February 2011.
- February 2011: Contacted via Facebook by from Robin Jones Doak, who managed the band Everlife, to write with them. When she met them, the lead singer of the band, who also sang back-up for Miley Cyrus, invited her to audition for a role as a back-up singer. Less than a month later Lindsey was touring South America, Australia, & the Phillipines backup singing for Miley Cyrus on the Summer 2011 Gypsy Heart Tour.
Undoubtedly, Lindsey has some serious talent—but the greatest thing she has going for her is her authenticity and dedication to her fans. She is humble and authentic and that can be seen through her use of social media to connect with people.
From her Kickstarter Campaign:
“I want to create 5 pieces of art… every note, every lyric, every melody from my soul… & give it to YOU the fans… because I know MY fans appreciate that about me… that I am giving you ME & not what someone else wants me to be. Most professional music industry folks would tell me this description is too long & that I ramble & that I need to lose 15 pounds & that I need to change my style & that I need to write songs that don’t take TOO much of a risk creatively….. but this EP isn’t for them… it’s for ME & the ones who love me for me… & I KNOW that’s all of you, my fans. You’ve been there for me through the darkest of times & have been so patient…”—Lindsey J. Lee
Lindsey has delivered on her promise for an amazing EP. Find her on iTunes here.